1.05.2013

New additions for the bookshelf!

{The Best American Comics 2011  edited by Alison Bechdel, and Heads or Tails by Lilli Carre}
Had a lovely late drizzly morning in North Beach down the hill from my nest today after a very, very late night at the Loma Prieta/Comadre show at Sub/Mission. Sent off a manuscript I just finished editing at the post office, brioche French toast at one of my favorite places to grab breakfast (15 Romolo), a stop for coffee at the new cute place on Columbus (Beacon), and then to my favorite bookstore (City Lights) for some new additions to my bookshelf! I'm looking for some sequential art inspiration for the comics project I'm about to start. Lilli Carre seems to have a broad range of styles, so I'm excited to page through her Heads or Tails. There's a 2012 version of The Best American Comics out now, but I love Jillian Tamaki, so I opted for the 2011 edition, which features her cover. I asked the clerk if they had Native Trees of Canada by Leanne Shapton, which I was really in the market for, and he responded that they "don't have anything that specific." What? Aren't all specific books just that, specific? This means I'll have to buy it online, and me being on Amazon is like a dog who has unlimited, unsupervised access to a spilled bag of kibble and eats until he barfs. Well, when I receive the four books I just ordered, I'll share those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment