4.01.2012

Illustration residency @ School of Visual Arts


Well, I just submitted my application for a residency in illustration at the School of Visual Arts in New York City this June. I've spent the past several weeks on it and I'm so hopeful and exhausted. Maira Kalman works there. And Jillian Tamaki! And Sam Weber! If I am not accepted, I will remind myself that it is very hot in New York in June and then make myself some hot cocoa and cozy down for another summer in San Francisco. And then maybe have a little lie-down/cry-down.

Update 4.04.12:
I was accepted! I got the email this morning. I honestly could have sweated it a little longer so that the wait would feel proportional to the build-up, but I'll take it. New York! In June! I haven't been away from the Bay Area for that long in a decade, which is also about how long it's been since I've done something so exciting. For the occasion, here is a paint tester sheet that looks sort of stoked; let's call it Jubilation in Orange. I'm totally going to wilt in New York this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment