8.28.2011

Cooking World Cooking: Tacos de Puerco

© Mikayla Butchart
Here's another commemorative illustration I did for my dinner party friends. After the frustration I had with coloring the illustration digitally last time, I went the opposite direction with this one and used something really familiar, watercolor. Aaahhh. It's been so long since I've painted with it; it's so fast, so fresh. Gouache is still my favorite, but it takes forever to build up and move around sometimes. Watercolor just seemed like such a good listener after months of working on a gigantic gouache poster

This time, Cooking World Cooking was held in a friend's fancy condo in SoMA. My dinner date for the evening and crafter extraordinaire Bayle brought big tissue paper flowers for decorations, and a couple that Chris knows from the farmers' market brought plum wine they made themselves. We made use of the big glassed-in kitchen on the roof terrace and played our DIY version of Apples to Apples on the big white leather couches there. It was all very fancé, and after dinner some of the group made use of the roof hot tub, but I left early to go to a hardcore show in the Mission. It was a hard night to dress for, let me tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment